Thursday, March 20, 2014

I AM...sometimes offended.

I am sometimes offended.
Offense.
Makes me feel: Ehh. Yuk.
I get frustrated when I see others respond in it.
I get frustrated when I see myself responding in it.

I think the more and more we mature, the less and less we find ourselves offended.

Instead of offense, seek true understanding.
Instead of offense, see hidden opportunity.
Instead of offense, self reflection.
Instead of offense, Jesus reflection.
Instead of offense, vulnerability.
Instead of offense, walking with each other amidst our process. 

Why are we offended? THIS IS GOOD.
Why are we offended?  THERE IS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY HERE.
Why are we offended?  WE SIMPLY HAVE DIFFERENT VISIONS.
Why are we offended?  WHAT'S THE REAL ISSUE?

I think offense is more often a ME problem than it is a YOU problem.
I am offended because I need to work through something in ME, not because of what YOU did to me.
What YOU did simply revealed what needs worked through in ME.


Let our hearts not be offended. 
On the other side of our offense, is opportunity. 

And I don't want to miss out...




No comments:

Post a Comment