Sunday, April 19, 2015

Owl & Crown




Inside-- an empty room.
Windows filled with thick smoke.
Everything outside the room-- burning.
Inside-- it's just me and Him.

No more than a foot and a half tall.
Dark, perfect feathers.
Confident and bold stature. 
Piercing eyes.
Cocked head;
Intentional, slow, soft steps.

He looks at me.
Circles me.
Slowly.
Keeping His eyes on me.
My body turns
--as He circles behind me and I follow His gaze.

I'm not scared.
I'm not intimidated.
But I do feel the authority.
I do know the weight that He carries.
And my attention responds accordingly.

Crown upon His head.
He takes His crown off.
Places the crown on My head.
Spreads His wings out 
to the left and to the right.
Bows His head to the ground.
This is weighty.

He begins to climb upon My arm.
Talons steadying His ascent to My shoulder.
He turns to face forward as I am.
Side by side.
Next to Me.
Claiming Me.
His vision.
My vision.
Our vision.

We walk over to the window.
The smoke that once blocked all sight;
slowly begins to clear.

We gaze at the land outside.
Everything is burnt.
And it's beautiful.
It's Ours.
And already small buds and spots of green 
are beginning to appear in various places.

Son--this land is Your land.
This land is Our land.
Where I go.
He goes.
We go.
The crown is on My head.
I carry the authority.
He trusts Me.
May I not walk lightly.











No comments:

Post a Comment