Monday, December 29, 2014

I AM steady

This isn't exactly how I wanted to start.
The race for perfection;
the pressure of perfection;
the pain of perfection.
It crushes.
No one's standard for me but my own.
I put this weight on myself.
My perceptions allowed the weight --however wrong those perceptions.
I live in one of two extremes:
Perfection, or not trying at all.
So naturally, I only live in the one extreme --not trying at all.
You fall, because you've forgotten.
You've forgotten, because you've been distant.
I've been down this road before.
Further down it.
The off-road walk back isn't far off at this point.
I've already gone ahead of you --trail is blazed. 
Come home.
The robe is washed and ready to put on your back.
Its weight doesn't crush, it fits --perfectly on your shoulders.
The crown is polished and shining.
It doesn't fit anyone's head but yours.
Come home.
Actually --you are home. Already.
Come back into the palace.
Stop wandering around the courtyard in circles.
You have access to the inner courts.
Come past the curtain you've so carefully rehung.
I need you.
I need you.
I need you.
I need you.
No matter how many times You say those words,
my whole self can't find a way to connect them to belief.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you.
No matter how many times You say those words,
my whole self can't find a way to connect them to belief.
Yet, I hear them.
There is nothing wrong with these ears of mine.
They hear everything.
Every word.
Every encouragement.
Every correction in love.
Lackluster feeling does not indicate stagnation.
Uneventful does not indicate wrong.
What makes you think I don't have you right where I want you?
What makes you perceive defeat?
This transition from just being to also doing, does not feel good.
This transition from doing sourced from law to doing sourced from being feels like failure.
It's not.
It's simply transition.
It's simply progression.
It's connecting and unifying the whole.
I see no defeat.
Steady heart keep going.
Your foundation is solid gold.
Nothing shaken there is damaged. 
It's time to build the rest of the house.
Steady heart keep going.
The pounding of the hammers;
The dust in the air;
These are just the rest of the house being put into place.
Steady heart keep going.
Rest on the Foundation.
It was so carefully and intentionally and solidly built.
Steady heart keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment