Friday, November 28, 2014

This Wilderness


And now
I will allure her
Lead her off into this desert place
Speak softly toward her
She will respond as in the day
When she was fresh out of bondage
The chains they fell
Freed her hands 
With Me she came
And said...

I will meet You in this wilderness
See You through all of my pain and my distress
The confusion and hunger
I won't be crushed under
For You my rock supply me with a life giving water
And I will meet You in this wilderness

And now
She'll call Me husband
She will no longer be called slave
I will betroth her
To Me forever and always
In deepest love and compassion
See through her flesh 
And past her stains
Call forth this daughter
And she'll say...

I will meet You in this wilderness
See You through all of my trials and all my tests
All the doubts and the fear
Will not cover the real
For You oh Lord my manna 
Spread and cover this field
And I will meet You in this wilderness 

And now
You've called me higher
Shown me glimpses of promised lands to come
Flowing with milk and honey
I won't believe the reports that say there's none
Just one foot forward
The water's gone 
Ground is dry
And I'll walk on
And say...

I have met You in the wilderness 
Saw You in and through every single step
In wanting and plenty
In all seen and unseen
My heart it trusts Your heart
You've put Yourself right into me
And it is time to leave this wilderness


No comments:

Post a Comment